Welcome to the world of mobile convenience! SIB M-Pay is South Indian Bank’s mobile banking product, which offers you a complete range of financial transactions. You can send/receive funds 24 x 7 to any bank, top up your Prepaid mobile, Recharge your DTH services, Merchant Payments etc with SIB M-Pay. No additional charges are levied by the bank for these services.
The instant inter-bank/intra-bank fund transfer service is facilitated through the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India). The salient features of IMPS are as follows:
• Instant inter/intra bank fund transfers between domestic accounts. (Non resident accounts’ fund transfer is currently not permitted using this channel)
• Available 24 x 7 throughout the year, even on holidays.
SIB M-Pay is offered in three variants:
1. Application based SIB M-Pay: SIB M-Pay application has to be downloaded to the internet enabled mobile phone of the customer to enjoy application based SIB M-Pay. Hence the facility can be availed only through a internet enabled mobile phone. Once downloaded, services like fund transfer, flight ticket booking, mobile/DTH recharge etc can be done through mobile.
2. SMS-IVR based SIB M-Pay: Simple SMS messages in specified formats need to be sent to do fund transfers, mobile recharge, DTH recharge etc. (Click here for SMS formats)
On sending SMS, user will immediately receive IVR call from Paymate to confirm the transaction. This facility can be enjoyed using handsets of any type.
3. USSD Mode: We have enabled SIB M-Pay through USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Services Data) mode through which customers can use mobile banking without internet connectivity irrespective of the Mobile handset models. The Users can access the SIB M-Pay USSD mode by dialing *99#.( Click here for more details)
How to register for SIB M-Pay?
· Registration for SIB M-Pay can be done by submitting the SIB M-Pay registration form at any of our branches.
· Internet banking customers of the bank can register for the service through SIBerNet under General Services ----> Registration/ Modification for M-commerce option.
Within 10 minutes of registration, the customer will receive confirmation of the registration, along with the details of MPIN and MMID, via SMS, to the registered mobile number. Registration through internet banking will take 24 hours for the registration.
How to Activate SIB M-Pay?
After the registration, the customer will receive a 4 digit temporary MPIN and a 7 digit MMID via SMS to the registered mobile number.
To activate SIB M-Pay service, customer has to dial *99#, from the menu appears, select Change M-Pin and follow the steps. Or send a SMS CP to 09870900876. He/ she will immediately receive an automatic IVR Call. Or call to 02230578000. Follow the directions in the call to change the temporary MPIN received via SMS to another 4 digit MPIN of his/her choice. The customer can avail all SIB M-Pay services after the MPIN is successfully changed to get effective.
How to download SIB M-Pay Application?
SIB M-Pay Application can be downloaded only after changing the temporary MPIN allotted to the customer.
1. iPhones, Windows and Android
The customer can download the application directly from the corresponding mobile App store (Play Store for Android, and App Store for Windows and iPhones). The steps to be followed are:
1. Select App Store/ Play Store from your phone.
2. Type the key word “south indian bank mpay” in the search option.
3. SIB M-Pay application icon will be displayed on the screen.
4. Download the application to the phone.
5. On opening the application, customer will be prompted to enter the registered mobile number.
6. An activation code will be sent to the registered mobile no. entered in the screen.
7. The customer will be then prompted to enter the activation code to activate the service.
8. Once entered, the home page of SIB M-Pay services will be displayed and transactions can be initiated.
Customer can send SMS as SIBDOWNLOAD to 9840777222. Open the download link received in response and click on the Android/ Windows/ iPhone badge image. On clicking the image, the customer will be redirected to the SIB M-Pay Application description page on the corresponding App store. SIB M-Pay application can be downloaded from this page.
2. Blackberry and other Phones
Customer can send SMS as SIBDOWNLOAD to 9840777222. The customer will receive the link for downloading the application, as SMS to mobile. The customer has to open the link received, select the make (i.e. Blackberry, Nokia etc) and model of the mobile and then download the application.
Facilities Available under SIB M-Pay
The following array of service can be availed through SIB M-Pay;
· Instant inter/ intra bank fund transfer
· Mobile recharge
· DTH recharge.
· IMPS Merchant Payment.
· IRCTC ticket booking
For more details on these facilities, please refer the detailed SIB M-Pay user guide.
For any further queries contact your nearest SIB branch
Call our toll free nos. 1800 843 1800 & 1800 425 1809 or 04842384505 ( Land line)
Email: [email protected]