Welcome to the world of mobile convenience! SIB M-Pay is South Indian Bank’s mobile banking product, which offers you a complete range of financial transactions. You can send/receive funds 24 X 7 to any bank, top up your prepaid mobile, and book your movie or travel tickets with SIB M-Pay. No additional charges are levied by the bank for these services.
The instant inter-bank/intra-bank fund transfer service is facilitated through the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India). The salient features of IMPS are as follows:
- Instant inter/intra bank fund transfers between domestic accounts. (Non resident accounts’ fund transfer is currently not permitted using this channel, by RBI)
- Available 24 x 7 throughout the year, even on holidays.
- The beneficiary is not required to disclose his or her account and other financial details to the sender.
- Only mobile number and MMID need to be shared to receive the funds.
SIB M-Pay is offered in two variants:
1. SMS based SIB M-Pay
: Simple SMS messages in specified formats need to be sent to do fund transfers, mobile recharge, DTH recharge etc. Hence the facility can be enjoyed using the handsets of any type. Click here for SMS formats
. 2. Application based SIB M-Pay
: SIB M-Pay application has to be downloaded and saved to the GPRS enabled mobile phone of the customer to enjoy the application based SIB M-Pay. Hence the facility can be availed only through a GPRS enabled mobile phone. Once downloaded, services like fund transfer, flight ticket booking, mobile/DTH recharge etc can be done through mobile.
How to register for SIB M-Pay?
- Registration for SIB M-Pay can be done by submitting the SIB M-Pay registration form at any of our branches.
- Internet banking customers of the bank can register for the service through SIBerNet under Requests ----> Register for SIB M-Pay option.
Within 24 hours of registration, the customer will receive confirmation of the registration, along with the details of MPIN and MMID, via SMS, to the registered mobile number.
How to download SIB M-Pay Application?
SIB M-Pay Application can be downloaded only after changing the temporary MPIN allotted to the customer.
1. Android, Windows and iPhones
The customer can download the application directly from the corresponding mobile App store (Playstore for Android, and AppStore for Windows and iPhones). The steps to be followed are as follows:
1. Select Play Store / AppStore from your phone. (Select the option market in older versions of android phones)
2. Type the key word “south indian bank mpay” in the search option.
3. SIB M-Pay application icon will be displayed on the screen.
4. Download the application to the phone.
5. On opening the application, customer will be prompted to enter the registered mobile number.
6. An activation code will be sent to the registered mobile no. entered in the screen.
7. The customer will be then prompted to enter the activation code to activate the service.
8. Once entered, the home page of SIB M-Pay services will be displayed and transactions can be initiated.
Customer can send SMS as SIBDOWNLOAD to 9840777222. Open the download link received in response and click on the Android/ Windows/ iPhone badge image. On clicking the image, the customer will be redirected to the SIB M-Pay Application description page on the corresponding App store.M-Pay application can be downloaded from this page.
2. Blackberry and other Phones
Customer can send SMS as SIBDOWNLOAD to 9840777222. The customer will receive the link for downloading the application, as SMS to mobile. The customer has to open the link received, select the make (i.e Blackberry, Nokia etc) and model of the mobile and save the settings of the same in the mobile.
Facilities Available under SIB M-Pay
The following array of service can be availed through SIB M-Pay;
For more details on these facilities, please refer the detailed SIB M-Pay user guide.
In addition to the above direct features available in SIB M-Pay, you can enjoy the convenience of paying through mobile phones while making transactions online (Provided an option to pay through PayMate is available on the site). The web pages where PayMate payment option is available will have PayMate on the page. For more details, please refer the ‘internet payments using PayMate-User Guide”.
For any further queries contact your nearest SIB branch
Call our toll free nos. 1800 843 1800 & 1800 425 1809
Email: [email protected]
Click here for :