Welcome to the world of mobile convenience. SIB M-Pay is South Indian Bank’s mobile banking product, which offers you a complete range of financial transactions. You can send/receive funds 24 X 7 to any bank, top up your prepaid mobile, book your movie or travel tickets etc. No additional charges are levied by the bank for these services.
The instant inter-bank/intra-bank fund transfer services are facilitated through the newly launched Interbank Mobile Payment Service (IMPS) of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India). The salient features of IMPS are as follows;
- Instant inter/intra bank fund transfers between domestic accounts. (Non resident accounts fund transfer is currently not permitted using this channel, by NPCI)
- Available 24 x 7 throughout the year, even on holidays.
- The beneficiary is not required to disclose his or her account and other financial details to the sender.
- Only mobile number and MMID need to be shared to receive the funds.
SIB M-Pay is offered to you in two variants;
1. SMS based SIB M-Pay: A simple SMS messages in specified formats need to be sent to do fund transfers, mobile recharge, DTH recharge etc. Hence the facility can be done using the handsets of any type without any additional cost.
2. Application based SIB M-Pay: SIB M-Pay application has to be downloaded and saved to the GPRS enabled mobile phone of the customer to enjoy the application based SIB M-Pay. Hence the facility can only be done through a GPRS enabled mobile phone. Once downloaded, the features like fund transfer, flight ticket booking, mobile/DTH recharge, movie ticket booking etc. can be done through mobile.
How to register for SIB M-Pay?
You can register for SIB M-Pay by submitting the SIB M-Pay registration form at any of our branches.
If you are an internet banking customer of the bank, you can register for the service through SIBerNet under Request –-> Register for SIB M-Pay option. While registering for the service, if you do not want to send money or avail a full fledged mobile banking facility, you are provided with an option to avail only “Receive Money” facility which will allow you to receive credits through IMPS fund transfers.
You will receive a confirmation message of your registration next day along with the details of MMID allotted to you through SMS.
SIB M-Pay Mobile application for Android smart phone users
Android smart phone users can now download SIB M-Pay mobile application from Android market using the key word “south indian bank mpay”.
The steps to be followed by the registered users to download the application are as follows;
1. Select “Play Store” from any android smart phones to download the application from android market. (Select the option market in older versions of android phones)
2. Type the key word “south indian bank mpay” in the search option.
3. SIB M-Pay application icon will be displayed on the screen.
4. Click download to do download the application to the smart phone.
5. While opening the application for the first time, the system will ask to enter the registered mobile no.
6. An activation code will be sent to the registered mobile no. entered in the screen.
7. The customer will be prompted to enter the activation code in the mobile screen to activate the service.
8. Once entered, the home page of SIB M-Pay services will be displayed and transactions can be initiated.
The registered customers can also send SMS as SIBDOWNLOAD to 9840777222 for downloading the link to the android supporting mobile phones. A separate link in the home page screen of the application download page is provided for the customers to download the application to the android supporting smart phones.
Facilities Available under SIB M-Pay
The following array of service can be availed through SIB M-Pay;
For more details on these facilities, please refer the detailed SIB M-Pay user guide.
In addition to the above direct features available in SIB M-Pay, you can enjoy the convenience of paying through mobile phones while making transactions online (Provided an option to pay through PayMate is available on the site). The web pages where PayMate payment option is available will have PayMate on the page. For more details, please refer the ‘internet payments using PayMate-User Guide”.
For any further queries contact your nearest SIB branch
Call our toll free nos. 1800 843 1800 & 1800 425 1809
Click here for :