“Sibernet” is the Internet Banking Service of South Indian Bank Ltd, which allows its customers to avail the bank’s services through Internet.
2FA (second factor authentication) for enhanced SIBerNet security
2FA enables the users to make their online transactions in the most secured way. It is a security process in which the system will prompt the user to enter a dynamically generated one time password-OTP (Which could either be sent as SMS to the registered mobile number of the customer or it can be self-generated by the customer through an application downloaded to customer’s mobile handset). Thus even if the internet banking passwords of the customer are compromised, fraudster will not be able to do any financial transactions without having access to the registered mobile phone. This is a globally followed practice which ensures maximum security to internet banking transactions. As an additional security measure it is always suggested to operate SiberNet, with Second Factor Authentication (2FA).
Customers can avail this facility by contacting the parent branch where account is maintained or by giving a request mail to [email protected]
Advantages Of Sibernet
- Online Payments.
- Conduct Banking Operations from House/Office/Cyber-cafe
- Service available for 24 hours & 365 days a year
- Accessible from any where in the world using Internet.
IRCTC Ticket Booking
South Indian Bank has entered into direct tie up with IRCTC for railway ticket booking facility through Internet banking. You can now book your train tickets online and pay using SIB Internet Banking Facility. Apart from SIB Internet banking (SIBerNet), you can also book IRCTC tickets using SIB IMPS/Debit cards.
Step by step process to Book tickets online and pay through SIBerNet
- All SIB internet banking customers can use this facility. For booking tickets, please visit www.irctc.co.in (for railway tickets). Select your journey date and other details
- On payment option, select South Indian Bank for making the payment.
- You will be redirected to a secured login page of South Indian Bank. After logging on to the site, the payment amount, and payee details will be displayed.
- On paying on to the site, the payment amount, and payee details will be displayed.
- You will be required to confirm the transaction by entering transaction password and One Time Password (OTP). On successful authentication, your Bank Account will be immediately debited and payment confirmation number will be provided.
- Within some time you will receive an online confirmation from IRCTC website. Tickets are booked immediately and PNR number is provided online at Partner's website.
Enjoy fast, easy and safe railway ticket booking through SIB Internet Banking (SIBerNet)
Online Bill Payments / Shopping Mall:
This facility enables the customers to make payment for goods/services through Internet Banking on-line real time in a secured way. The types of services, for which the payment can be made, include the following:
||List of Merchants / Service Providers
|Mobile Bill Payments
||BSNL Cellone / Airtel / Idea / Reliance / Vodafone etc.
|Insurance Premium Payments
||LIC / MetLife / TATA AIG / Birla Sun Life / Kotak Mahindra / Prudential ICICI etc.
|Credit Card Payments
||SBI Card / CitiBank Card / Barclay’s Card, etc.
||HDFC / CITIBANK
|Donations / Charity
||CRY / UNICEF
||Guruvayur Temple / Sidhivinayaka Temple
|Tours & Travels
||Travelguru / Akbar Travels / Make My Trip / Yatra.com
||Home Shop18 / Sri Jagdamba Pearls Dealer/ Storeguru
- Get complete details of all your accounts (SB/Deposit/Loan …)
- Print/Save the pass-sheet of any of your Operative accounts for any period.
- Cheque Status Inquiry
- Clearing Instruments Inquiry
- Lien Inquiry
- Nominee Inquiry
- Interest Details of Deposit Accounts
- Print Pass-sheet of any loan account for any period.
- Fund transfer between your own operative accounts.
- Fund transfer to other operative accounts in SIB
- External fund transfer to other bank branches
- Tax Payment
- Cheque book / DD/ Deposit Open .
- Simulate pre-closure of your deposit/loan account.
- Cheque book / DD/ Deposit Open .
- M-commerce registration.
- Send secured instructions to your Relationship Manager.
- Receive immediate reply from Relationship Manager.
- Receive important account related Alerts from the system.
- Deposit maturing soon, loan repayment alert, minimum balance alert…
- Receive important account related Alerts from the system.
- Give different nick-names to your accounts for easy identification. Change the amount & date format as per your choice. Change password option is also available.
- View the entire history of activity done by you in Sibernet
- The customer can make investment/credit decisions based on deposit/loan modelling tools
- The software is from Infosys , a leading Indian Software house.
- Digital Certificate from Verisign , a global pioneer in e-security ensuring 128-bit encryption.
- We have complied with Global Standards while implementing the various layers of security features such as Firewalls & Anti-Virus
- We are offering Sibernet services for Personal (Individuals/Proprietorship Concerns) and Corporate (Companies/Partnership Firms) customers. The additional services available to the Corporate customers are as follows,
Multiple Users- The corporate can apply Internet Banking facility for the different officials responsible for operations in bank accounts. The Corporate also has the facility of setting up Work-flow rules (i.e. hierarchical rules for approving requests within the organisation). The corporate can also restrict the accounts being shown to different users, based on their designations, roles, divisions etc. (e.g. Divisional Manager-Production, Regional Manager-Finance etc). This would ensure secrecy in the Corporate Accounts.
Limits - The corporate user can view the Corporate Limits granted to the different linked accounts maintained in all the branches of South Indian Bank.
C R A Y O N S -Create Your Own SIBerNet ID
(Online SIBerNet User ID registration and activation for Retail customers)
C R A Y O N S- Create Your Own SIBerNet ID (Online SIBerNet User ID creation and activation) is a facility offered by South Indian Bank to its Retail/Personal (including proprietary concerns) customers to enroll for Internet Banking facility online. All Retail/Personal customers including proprietary concerns having a valid ATM card, Mobile number and E-mail ID registered with us can avail this facility.
Ø Simple and easy to register and activate Internet Banking facility (No paper work is required)
Ø This facility will be more convenient since you need NOT visit your branch to register and activate your SIB Internet Banking facility.
Ø You can start using Internet banking facility within next working day of registration.
To register for SIB Internet Banking facility kindly click the below link to start the registration process.
Online SIBerNet Registration/Activation procedure
1. For online SIBerNet new registration, you have to visit our website (www.southindianbank.com) and click on "New User Registration" button under Internet Banking in the Home Page. Customer will be directed to a page, where the new process " CRAYONS" is described. Click on continue to Register.
2. Enter 16 Digit SIB Account number, Registered mobile number, E-mail ID and click Submit button to validate the details. If the entered details are correct One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter OTP in the provided fields and click on Submit button to complete STEP 1. Next working day you will receive a mail in your registered email ID having the new SIBerNet User ID.
After STEP 1 SIBerNet User ID will be generated and send to your registered E-mail ID. On receipt of E-mail, follow the below steps to create Internet Banking passwords online
3. Go to South Indian Bank Website >> Internet Banking >> New user Activation and click the link 'Online SIBerNet User ID activation using ATM card'
4. By default password set mode will be 'Set Online'. Click on Continue button and enter the new SIBerNet User ID (as per the email received) and 16 Digit account number and click Continue button.
5. Enter valid ATM card details (ATM card number, Pin number and expiry date) and click Continue button
6. On continuing, One Time Password(OTP) will be sent to your mobile number registered with Bank. Enter One Time Password(OTP) and click Confirm button.
7. Click on Set Internet Login Password and Set Transaction Password to create login and transaction password. Input new Login and Transaction password of your wish (For assistance refer password creation policy).
Click on 'Continue Button' to complete the Online SIBerNet password creation and activation of SIB Internet Banking facility.
Conditions for creating Online Internet Banking User ID:
You can create your Online SIB Internet Banking User ID, provided the following conditions are fulfilled :-
o Account should be in Active status (SB/CD/OD/CCOL/NRE/NRO)
o There should NOT be an existing SIB Internet Banking facility in your account
o This facility is applicable only for Retail customers (Including Proprietary concerns) having a valid ATM card. Corporate customers can apply for Internet Banking through the branch.
o Jointly operated accounts can avail Internet Banking facility through Branch.
o Your Mobile Number and Email ID should be registered with your Account
Click here to login to Sibernet - Personal.
The software is from Infosys , a leading Indian Software house.
South Indian Bank - Internet Banking (SIBerNet) is best accessed using Internet Explorer version 5.5 & above and Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 & above, with a screen resolution 1024 by 768 pixels.